November 2013 – October 2015
Legacy Restaurant Group is the parent company for The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation full-service restaurant and catering, two Antone’s Famous Po’boys quick service restaurants and catering, and the wholesale food operation for Antone’s that provides fresh sandwiches daily to over 200 grocery stores in the Houston area and outlining towns.
Genuine Hospitality Consulting was hired by Legacy Restaurant Group to function as the company’s CEO. Joe and Leslie Abuso worked as a team: Joe concentrating on all aspects of operations, Leslie concentrating on all aspects of the back-office operations as well as Information Technology, Human Resources and social media and website functionality.
Highlights from Genuine Hospitality Consulting’s tenure at Legacy Restaurant Group:
- improving and controlling COGs
- improving and controlling labor costs
- improving the service and food quality
- growing sales in all divisions
- Creating and implementing the use of an Employee Policy Handbook for each outlet, including versions in Spanish
- Auditing all operations for compliance with federal and state hiring guidelines
- Revamping employee tracking and documentation to meet all guidelines
- Implementing new health care coverage for all full-time employees to meet the requirements of the Affordable Healthcare Act
- Managing the payroll for all outlets using Paycom and Keystone Payroll systems
- Improving hiring and termination practices for employees
Back Office Operations and IT
- Upgrading all Point-of-Sale systems to meet PCI compliance standards
- Upgrading all outdated back-office computer systems, firewalls, WIFI, and
- Revamping office filing systems and bookkeeping procedures
- Implementing new responsive websites for Ninfa’s and Antone’s
Genuine Hospitality Consulting completed their work in the above areas, and now Legacy Restaurant Group is under the leadership of a permanent CEO.